Friday, October 16, 2009

Where The Wild Things make Wilder Cupcakes!

I went to go see Where The Wild Things Are tonight! (: It was a great time, I went with my friend Ryan and a few other people. Based ona 12-line children's book, it was a very artistic film- something that wasn't really for children directly. It was semi-dark, and psychologically stimulating. Ryan and I both take AP Psych and we were both thinking to ourselves about the symbolic merit of the movie, aside from the funny jokes. It was a simplistic movie in the thought processes of the ccharacters, and I really enjoyed it! Do watch the trailer:



In other news, I made some cupcakes this week. But NOT just your ordinary, every-day cupcakes; mine were TYE-DYE! Take a look!


I love them! A while back I scoped these groovy little treats on Baked By Melissa's flavor page! But instead of a recipe for cupcakes, I took some white cake mix and just added some food coloring!


I separated the batter into 6 separate bowls, using different colors (red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white) in each bowl. I just added some food coloring and mixed it up.


I took different spoonfuls of the colors and mixed and matched them in their little individual cupcake holder things so each cupcake was different, stuck them in the oven for 20 minutes, and let their magic happen!

Yummy, no?


Finally I took them out of the oven to cool before putting on some vanilla icing and packing them in a bright pink Betsey Johnson giftbox to bring to my chorus rehearsal! (: Aren't they cute?

Weekly roundup is coming on Sunday, stay tuned!

6 comments:

HiFashion said...

Ooo, I want to watch 'Where the Wild Things Are'. It looks really good.

And those cupcakes look delicious!!! I love the tie dye effect you've got on them!

Annie said...

zomg!
those cupcakes are so cool!
they look very yum! ..and most importantly, edible :D
baha,

i want to watch that movie!

love annie, xx

Valeriesoh said...

tie dye cupcakes!!! genius!!!!! I love love colorful they were but they look kinda scary. like too pretty to eat! heehee... were they a hit?

lisa + cathy said...

HAHAHA i like the colour of dyed pants but i wouldnt wear them but i eat them :D and oh yes i absolutely agree with you that the movie loooked so depressing for a movie based on a children's book. aww no fair i wanted to do psychology next year! stupid school

Giovanna ♥ said...

I just came back from the movies and I saw Where the wild things are!! I loved it so much!!!
Your cupcakes are so creative and yummy!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)
xo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Winnie said...

Wow love those cupcakes, they look crazy! The movie looks great, will have to check that out when it gets released in the UK!