Sunday, September 6, 2009

New York City Excursion

Thanks a lot to Aquiles Damiron from Minute By Minute for awarding me the Honest Scrap award!:
1. I'm afraid of really big dogs.
2. I wish I was a good artist, but I know I'm not.
3. I love going through and cleaning out my closet, because it lets me find things I don't usually wear.
4. I like very few girls.
5. I want to live in New York City- but I'm not sure that I want to just yet.
6. I'm scared of the first day of school, because I want to make new friends.
7. I still cry when I have a really bad nightmare.
8. I'm seriously not physically fit.
9. Sometimes I think my boyfriend determines what I do, and I don't like that.
10. I love stealing my mom's Nikon D60 (:

and the bloggers I'd like to give this to areeeee:
1. Lina at All My Love
2. Lexy at Girl With The Bow Tie
3. Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have Candy

ANYWAY....

I went to Greenwich Village and SoHo today! (: Since it's still up in the air as to whether or not I will be attending Fashion's Night Out, I decided to take a trip in just in case I don't get a chance to go in on Thursday. We started at my parents' friend's apartment and walked to 4th street and the Stand, where there was a street fair. I got some yummy fries!

A cute little dress stall

AWESOME headdress!

the street fair!


Then we made our way to Forever 21 and Topshop where I got a few cute little things:

New tights and the Kate Moss handout, Topshop, $12

floral cardi, Topshop, $70

My father used to work on Orchard Street at a jacket and dress store. In his prime, he sold all sorts of coats, dresses, and general clothing that needed to be fitted. So, he still has his gift of fitting and sizing people; therefore, he is a pleasure to buy a coat with. I got this cute Kelly Green coat and he kept making me try different sizes- "Medium first, now the Small!" "Hmm, maybe the sleeves are too short on that one..."

Kelly green peacoat, Forever 21, $50


And here's what I wore the whole time:

PLEASE HYPE MY LOOKS ON LOOKBOOK.NU!


What did you do this weekend?

17 comments:

linaa, said...

OMG ANNAA :D you have got to be one of the sweetest people i know on blogspott
let's bee blogger bffss :D
yuyou look soo darling in that outfit, i LOVE IT!
AND OMGG I HAVE TEARS INM MY EYESSS.
my firsttttttt FIRSTT blog award :D this is soo cool, im so making a journal entryy!
omgggg Annaaaa <3
i wish we had topshop in australia as well as h&m they seem like such cool shopss!
mmmm/
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

theTrendyDwarf said...

I love love LOVE what your wearing in the last picture! You have such a cool sense of style! I like how you unlike the rest of the teenage girl population wears dresses and dresses more maturely! I can't stand the typical 5billion tank tops and short short or bootcut Hollister jeans. Hate it! You are so pretty! I love the clothing you bought! Once again I say...amazing sense of style!
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

emily said...

love the dress you wore! and i would love to live in ny city too.

Girl With The Bow Tie said...

i love your post! Your outfit is awesome, it's like THE perfect shape. And I love everything you got, especially that floral cardi. I love cleaning out my closet, too! It's crazy how much random stuff you find that's actually useful. And P.S. if I move to the city, and you move to the city, we'll be friends.

Thanks for the tag and comment! Cute story, and I would watch GG anyday, just to lust over the clothes.
girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

Clara said...

you have very beautiful photos here!
beautiful look.

xxx
http://zebratrash.blogspot.com/

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE... WE HAVE CANDY said...

Thanks for the award, girl!
I'm afraid for big dogs as well haha!
Poor us! :P

So the idea is that I have to put 10 honest scrap things about myself?

O, and Really amazing outfit!

Patty Ann said...

cuteeeee dress, and i love topshop!! i wish i could go to the store in ny!!
xxxxxxxx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

beckyxoxo said...

hey i love your dress you were wearing ! :D and great photos , also great buys :D

Miss said...

wow, I love the dress on the last photo! It suits you soo well!

Winnie said...

That dress is absolutely gorgeous on you!

Viva La Fashion said...

i lvoe peacoats. mine is blue. but i love it because they keep me warm and they're so chic. :)

CMA said...

love the dress
super cute
thanks for sharing
looks like you had so much fun

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Panda said...

OHMYGAWSHH! hat looks like so much fun :) Wish i was there right now. Oh, and that outfit is so cute. I love it!

Panda xx

Panda said...

OHMYGAWSHH! hat looks like so much fun :) Wish i was there right now. Oh, and that outfit is so cute. I love it!

Panda xx

Girl With The Bow Tie said...

OH SNAP. i need to still do this hahah.

thanks for stopping by!
girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

Marsey said...

Love the pink from the flats! And I know how you feel.. my mom is a fashion journalist for Women's Wear Daily so she's obsessed with fashion and everytime we go shopping, it's always critique after critique with her. "That dress makes your legs look like twigs", "that jacket makes your shoulder broad" such and such lol. but her critiques usually were right. Cute stuff though!
xoxo marsey

all about fashion said...

wauw this dress is beautiful