Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'll miss you, summer!


Me, in my room

Hi! Wednesday was a lot of fun- met up with my girl Ava, who I've known since she moved to my school from a private school, and before that, London! She came over while a Phineas and Ferb marathon was on, bahahah. I wore one of the outfits I posted earlier this week, but this picture is of me that day. First we walked around my neighborhood for a little bit, then we met a friend for some drinks(slurpies... [:) and then went out to a japanese restaurant in the next town over.

Ramune, Japanese Soda!

A few months ago I went to Pearl River, an asian department store in SoHo, and had a Japanese Soda- Ava ordered one and I followed suit. They're these really cute little bottles of Sprite-esque soda, and you have to press a cap into the opening to release a marble so you can drink! It's so cute, and It's a good serving size- just a little bigger than an old-fashioned glass Coca-Cola bottle. I had avocado rolls and ava had those as well, in addition to shrimp rolls. We also had yummy miso soup, which I haven't had in ages! I love Japanese food.

We were walking around my neighborhood and just sort of catching up, when we caught sight of this hydranga plant- Now, if you remember, a few weeks ago I went to work with my neighbor, a party designer and planner. So I've seen hydrangas at their peek and am spoiled. But look at this plant- all the other flowers are drooping while one blue one shoots up. SO DEPRESSING!

Sad little hydranga!


But anyway, it was a very good time had by all, we'll have to do it again soon! But yesterday, I went to get a manicure with another friend to this cute place near my house- I always go for a light pink on the nails because it matches everything. I go WILD on my toes though! And afterwards we decided to take my very small, precious turtle (named SQUIRTLE!) outside. He's a red-eared slider, which means he is an aquatic turtle with red ears. He's a little bigger than the size of a quarter!

This is me and my baby Squirtle!

After she left, I went to what we call the "uptown" part of my neighborhood, saw some old friends, and met my gal Amanda; this blonde, cute girl, who just spent her entire summer with family in Greece! We then went to my boyfriend's house and had a get-together with other friends and spent the night watching movies and eating quesedillas. She's such a sweetheart, she brought me back a cute little box from Greece!

little trinket box in Greek wrappings


Oh, and as promised, here are two of my purchases from the other day:

Steve Madden floral dress, ridiculously cheap at a boutique in town

White necklace from Charlotte Russe


What did you guys do on one of the last days of summer?

17 comments:

Aquiles Damiron-Alcantara said...

Sounds like an afternoon full of fun. Sushi is my secret obsession. I had sushi for lunch twice this week. They have it on campus for an economical price.

Summers are special for a variety of reasons. They are fun, and sometimes sad, but always unforgettable.

At the end of each summer I make sure to write a conclusion memo about it. That is my way of always remembering the hot days, and never forgetting the love affairs, the short rain showers in the middle of the afternoon, and the great adventures that mark this season.

From the American South I wish you well as this season approaches its end.

It is time to welcome the mild winds of fall...

Buenos deseos,
Aquiles

minutebyminute09.blogspot.com

linaa, said...

I AM RIDICIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH YOUR FACE
(dont take it the wrong way) i jsut think you are so pretty :OO
im so jealousssss i wanna steal your faceee :(
omgg im in love with tthe last necklace AND ZOMGG I USED TO HAVE A FRIEND CALLED AVA
it was my fish and then she died
:(
its so nice to know i can talk to you about boy issuesss.
lets be likeee penpals.. but through emailing :D
EMAILL MEEEEE
bonjourlinalau@hotmail.com
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lisa + cathy said...

i read your about me, we have so much in common. i never want to grow up and the only thing i dont have in common with is. the hate i have for twilight. i mean vampires are suppose to be scary not sparkle. =='
and i also LOVE LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB
too bad i'm back in melbourne where i dont have disney channel *shattered* and your so lucky to encounter such an adorable turtle :D

come check my blog
www.leoandcasper.blogspot.com
i hope we can be friends because i have so much in common with you

Polished Sense said...

Love the dress in the first photo of you, the shot of you and your little turtle and that necklace in the last photograph! All Fabulous!

♡,
Jessica

Clara said...

your hair is amazing.
great blog.




xxxxx
http://zebratrash.blogspot.com/

theTrendyDwarf said...

Your turtle is so cute! I hope it doesn't smell bad! The only reason I say that is because I saw some turtles and could've touched them but they smelled so bad that I didn't even want to get near them! I am assuming your turtle doesn't smell bad because you look pretty comfortable holding him! I love turtles! LOL...so much talk on turtles! On my last day of summer before school..I just went shopping for clothing. Nothing really special. I want to drink Japanese soda!! Sounds like you have been enjoying yourself!
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

it's not her, it's me. said...

hey i love your blog! check out my fashion blog - it's not her, it's me. and i am selling some clothes and accessories as well as handmade crochet goodies here: apricotbabybaby.etsy.com. check it out! xoxo ♥

Winnie said...

This sounds like such a lovely day. I'm a sucker for ANYTHING Japanese and I adore Japanese food.

I love the new dress and necklace too!

linaa, said...

ANNA BABYY :D i emailed backk
readdd itt!
i lovee you <3
always,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HiFashion said...

I love that dress on you. Its so cute. And the turtle is adorable! I've always wanted a small turtle (I love his name as well, hehe).
Glad you had a great end to summer.

annamargrete said...

beautirful floral dress

Sher said...

Hi Anna! Your pictures are so beautiful, reflecting such a perfect summery day:)

And oh, I love your buys too, the floral dress look so pretty!!

I wish we had four seasons where I stayed, it would be so much more interesting because of it:)

HiFashion said...

Looks like you had a fun time! You are suchhhh a pretty girl

xx Leia

Leni said...

Summer in Norway lasts for max. two weeks... It was over before it even started!:)))

Thank you for your nice words... I hope to get better really soon!!!! I want to go out... being sick is so difficul!!!!!

The Fashion Enthusiast said...

I love the picture of you and the turtle :)

xoxo Marsey

please follow me at http://mylittledaintythings.blogspot.com

Aquiles Damiron-Alcantara said...

I nominated you for an "Honest Scrape" Award. Check it out!

Buenos deseos,
Aquiles

www.minutebyminute09.blogspot.com

Coco said...

That's a pretty picture - the turtle is so cute!