Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nerdy Glasses

I was planning to go to my school today and help out the chorus teacher set up his room- I'm a novelty to the choir because I'm not really friends with their group (they stay to themselves a lot) and I'm one of those girls that sort of is friends with everyone. And I'm also apparently a singing legend because they were all pleased when I got into the select chorus... go figure xD But I didn't end up going because I would have had to walk there, and I didn't want to shower and everyhing. Meh. So I stayed home and tried on a few outfits because the dreaded FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL is almost upon me. Which is also not very good because for my AP Euro class, we were supposed to read a very lengthy packet... which I haven't finished annotating yet.


I made another lookbook, PLEASE HYPE IT
OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE NO HYPES ON LIKE ANY OF MY OUTFITS :( I BEG YOU! bahah.

The stuff:
-Lacy knit dress from F21: the first time I wore it, I intended to wear it in London... I didn't even bring it with me, bahaha.
-Nerd Necklace from Fred Flare
-Wallet from Anthropologie, like YEARS ago. I use it as a clutch...
-Shoes from Baker's: Are these really that ugly? I was with a friend when I bought them and she said they were hideous. But I sort of like them, you know? What do you think?

my feet are so gross, I hate them...


Wallet on my favorite granite in the kitchen.

I also took a few pictures of tentative first-day-of-school outfits, which will be raping the next few posts I'm afraid. Look at these two and tell me what you think of both!


Sort of a short skirt, yes I know. But it's going to be HOT still, in such early times of September! I love these shoes even though my camera didn't get them in the shot :( but HERE THEY ARE!


I bought this at the beginning of summer with the intention of wearing it for the first day, but is it too summery?

BTW, If anybody wants an invite to the site Lockerz, please let me know! Lockerz is a website that lets you earn PTZ, or points, and you can redeem them for awesome prizes like a Marc Jacobs bag, concert tickets, designer shoes, and tons more. The website isn't open to the public yet, so if you want and invit, just comment me with your email address and you'll recieve one.

17 comments:

Little Clementine said...

I like the lace dress in the first photo and the dress in the last one but I think it's probably too summery for school.

Nubia said...

I love the nerdy glasses look, Those shoes are adorable

http://www.Nubiasnonsense.com

P.S you should enter my giveaway, Goodluck! =)

Krystal said...

very fun!

Girl With The Bow Tie said...

There is so much about this post that I love. Okay, here it goes... I LOVE your outfit with the nerdy glasses. I LOVE the nerdy glasses. I LOVE the shoes. I LOVE the wallet. I LOVE this post. I LOVE everything else I didn't individually cover. Okay, there. Done.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

EIGHT LONDON said...

Great 1st day outfit.

I hate my feet too, which is a shame, because it means I hate shoes too.

x

miky said...

love those nerdy glasses

Nerdic.. said...

Adorable nerdglasses!!
X, fashion-nerdic.

Winnie said...

Love the necklace, so fun! Also completely adore that floral dress!

Girl With The Bow Tie said...

I loved your second comment! Good luck with finding your sewing machine. BAM! IM ADDING YOU ON MY BLOG ROLL TOO. you will officially be a "cool cat."

so yeah, thanks so much for stopping by!
girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

Jenny H. said...

ahh cute outfits.
what grade are you going to be in?

somedaynewyorker said...

I love that glasses necklace. So adorable.

Eva Internazionale said...

These glases are super ridiculous so I must love them. :D You look great!

Smelly Cat said...

love the nerd glasses
and your summery dress is soo gorgeous
thanks so much for your comments :]
hope you have fun at the betsey johnson exhibition!

imane said...

hé girl you look great !

xx

KIRAFASHION said...

Hello Girl!

You are so sweet!
Thanks so much for passing by at my blog!
I also would love to visit Japan too! But is a litlle bit far and I guess I will have to wait for a while :)

I love NYC!

many kisses and hugs,
lets keep in touch!
see you,
Kira

Patty Ann said...

im so with you on this one, seriously loving those shoes. i'm going ot have to say its my favorite item you're wearing, they are ridiculously cuteeeeee, like so cute i want to buy them too!! and all your outfits are adorable, esp the floral dress!! xx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE... WE HAVE CANDY said...

Hahaha! Those glasses are GREAT! You have such a cool fun style!