Friday, November 28, 2008

Twilighting my glory.

Happy late Thanksgiving!
Let me start with these cool bracelets that i put together the other day and was very proud of:


I love this. I feel so concieted saying it, but I am very proud of the way that I can put nine totally different bracelets together from different parts of the universe together and make them look fucking sexy. If I do say so myself.



I'm just showing off now. But I wore this great bracelet combonation on Tuesday to school because I didn't want to wear anything very fancy or uncomfortable, so I brought my style through my bangles, of course. And all day I just wanted to tell everyone the story of how I got them all. And show off. So you get to learn about them all ;D



1. Kikui Nutshell Bracelet: I went to Hawaii in August, for a cruise. On Oahu as we were getting on the boat, they were selling these and my mom got me one from this absolutely beautiful, valumptous hawaiian woman who was making leis... one day remind me to write an article about that, it's really cool. Lei-making, I mean.

2. Betsey Johnson Leopard Charm Bracelet: My friend Laura lives in NYC and thinks she's the shit for it. Her mom works as a luggage exec in Bloomingdales and gets a really good discount on their stuff; so christmas the year before last, I get a little blue box with this inside. Ah, the days where I didn't even know who Betsey was...

3. Gold nametag bracelet: Four years ago, my mother went to Italy without me for two weeks. They found this small store in the rural countryside of Umbria and she saw this, along with a gold necklace which was stolen in a burglary last year, and knew I would love it. Which, of course, I did.

4. Bronze, silver, and gold bangles: When I was about eight years old, a friend of mine took us to the mall and we had a scavenger hunt around the mall. At Claire's Accessories, which basically personifies the dreams of every 8-year-old, they were having a sale for these little gift bags for a dollar, and they included A necklace, bracelet, earrings, and a little make-up. So this came in one of mine and I've kept it a long time.

5. David Yurman Heart Charm Bracelet: My darling boyfriend of 9 months got this for me. He was going to give this to me for my birthday, but when he did something nearly unforgivable, this helped us stay together... a little. &By the way, it wasn't $300 when he got it for me.
6. Silver bangles: My great aunt gave these bracelets to me from Nordstroms, before she died. I never wore them until Tuesday.

7. Mt. Vesuvius Lava Bracelet: I'm extremely Italian, know lots of Italians, speak it (not fluently at all, trust me), etc. My mother's interpreter speaks spanish and Italian, and they became good friends. So when he went to Sicily to visit his relatives, he picked up this bracelet with the beads made of the lava, for me.

8. Murano Glass bracelet: My mother's friends who live in the gatehouse of a beautiful estate bought me a set of bracelets from glass blown in Murano. One had yellow/gold beads, the other had violet beads, and the last had a very pale color which I don't remember at the moment, haha.

9. Ribbon: I was bored and thought that it added even more diverse texture and color.


Yes, I know you're glad I'm done rambling about that stuff. So moving on, I must express how happy i am about my current favorite movie...



I'm sure everywhere you go, you're sick of seeing Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart... but I'm not. *sighs* I went on the US's premire, which was friday, 11/21. And I'd just like to say that I saw approximately... four men, total, in the theater. And most of the people who showed up were wearing their own tee-shirts that either they made or bought, but who cares, because they all had something about twilight on them. Here were ours, which we made from one of the movie posters:


It was so easy to do, you just buy iron-on paper at staples, put it in the printer, design whatever you want to be ironed on, and then make a mirror image of it so it's backwards. Then jkust print it out and iron it on, then peel it off and BOOM! You have an awesome shirt! :D

Anyway, I loved the Twilight books. The only reason I read them was because I had FOUR six-hour flights to deal wiht from NY to Washington and then to Hawaii, and then back. So I bought the first one at the airport and couldn't stop reading the whole time! And I got everyone in the above picture hooked. (Left to right: Me, Amanda, Lisa, Imani; you'll read more about them if you continue to visit me)

Also, I thought it was funny because the boyf, Anthony, told his mom that I was obsessed with the books, and now she's borrowing the first one. I think it's so funny how universally appealing they are to women. And another funny note, I know of a few guys who read the books to get pointers from the characters inside! Hah!



Before I go, I just want to link you to a few cool things i've been stumbling on across the web lately:

-Do you use a Mac and have tons of applications you never use? Are you tired of crowding up your dock? Todos is great for you then!
-CollegeFashion.net breaks down how the stars of Gossip Girl get their amazing looks with their 5-part article series on how to do it yourself at cheap prices.

-Want cool ideas for outfits by messing with someone else's? Check out RoiWorld to choose a doll and go through their closet!

-Love Japanese Fashion? Check out Japanese Streets for videos about the Japanese style, Photos of some really interesting outfits, and the ability to share your own cool creations and looks.


Next to expect: A look inside my make-up bag and other life updates. have fun!

3 comments:

Squishybubble said...

I love the bracelets! I have been trying to do that for a while, but with no luck. The Gossip Girl link was really helpful, too. Oh...do you wanna link up?? Here's mine:
www.fashioncupcakes.blogspot.com
^_^

Jackie said...

I am loving the bracelets!

hair extensions said...

Clip In Hair Extensions is the most beautiful jewelry a woman has! She can use it the way she wants to! The beauty doesn’t lie in makeup or sexy dresses, it lies in simplicity and comfort. The thing that makes you comfortable will automatically make you look stunning. Hair is one of the elements that brings high voltage confidence in someone.