Sunday, November 9, 2008

Greenpoint is the place to be.

I just want everyone reading this to know that one of my all-time favorite spots to purchase little doodads and original accessories is Fred Flare. They have so much stuff! Two weeks ago, I went to their door store and had a hella-great time in Greenpoint. I love Brooklyn!




That's me at Fred Flare. I bought This nerd necklace, and this CD set to learn Japanese. It's got three CDs and a booklet for reference... I've learned 15 words (see later)!

They also gave me a free homemade hot chocolate mix and a 25% off card :] It really made my day. Then Jen, the chicarita who works behind the desk, told me, my mom, boyfriend, and mom's friend to go across the street to see this place Eat Records. It's absolutely tiny and adorable, and the front room has like, 6 tables filled with chic people. Then there's the itty-bitty hallway of records of all different genres:





And I was looking through. They even had some 78's (the REALLY big records)!


But the guy who like ran the place ( didn't catch his name, sadly) brought us into the back of the brownstone, through the kitchen:



and outside, where there were two cafeteria-like tables stretched out. We sat at one and saw the chalked-out menu on the ledge propped by the door.




So my mom's friend and I got hot apple cider, my boyfriend Anthony (you'll hear a LOT about him) got some natural lemon soda, and my mom got water. To eat though, My boyfriend got bacon and toast, Mary got this goat-cheese and plum jam sandwich, I got scrambled eggs and veggies with toast, and my mom got this REALLY good rice salad with greens and chick peas. And I'm not one for that type of thing but it was so good! And we shared a potato frittata. Here's some pictures because the stuff was so good to look at:








Then we just explored the different neighborhoods, Greenpoint, Williamsburg, and Dumbo even. Went to Jacque Tores to get some chocolates, and then went to a pier and I saw these french watercolor painters and these asian brides getting their pictures taken. I have more pictures but I wouldn't want to totally bore you to tears, when I have so much other stuff to say.

Yesterday my mom came into my room and gave me a late Halloween present which I wasn't expecting at all containing the Halloween philosophy set with Black Licorice, Candy Apple and Pumpkin Pie flavors of body wash/shampoo. It smells so good I have to stop myself from eating it!




She also gave me a black loofah and some candy packages and string to make those friendship bracelets everyone used to make at camp... yeah, people like when I make them. Haha.


Anyway, Just wanted to brag :] And make note that, if you've heard about Mary-Kate and Ashley's new book, Influence, you'll know that inside it they filled out a very thoughtful, interesting survey. I'll post my own answers to that once I finish making it all pretty and well-thought out. Stay tuned :]

3 comments:

bri said...

oh wow thats really cool (the record place)

and thanks for the comment, those shoes are SURPRISINGLY ridiculously comfortable. i wore them to school one day and they didn't bother me at all!

Susanna-Cole said...

I love Fred Flare and that record place sounds awesome too! :)

And thanks so much for your comment, glad you liked the pictures, and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on style! :)

xoxo,
S-C

J'Adore Fashion said...

will definitely check it out. thanks for the wishes and sweet comment dear.

xoxo
:)